Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bully in PG-13! NYC gets an Alamo Drafthouse!

Hello, everybody! Last month, I didn't review anything here, and I'm sorry for that. I'll be making up for that shortly, but this time out, it's just two news articles from last week.

To follow up on an old story, I tell you now that Bully will be released in theaters with a PG-13 rating. The whole debacle - over a documentary on the ugly behavior of children - has taken some time to play out. I'm not sure what made the MPAA come to its senses, but it's good that kids will have a new tool to help them deal with the physical and emotional abuse of their peers.

In equally unexpected news, NYC will get its own Alamo Drafthouse! The company will take over the old location of the Metro theater on 98th and Broadway. It's easy to imagine a moviehouse that will feature special events and film screenings, but the Alamo Drafthouse has been home to many movie events, and I'm excited for that more than anything.

The bigger questions: are New Yorkers ready for a theater with at-your-seat concessions service? Are they ready for a theater that will kick your silly as out for talking too loud, or texting your friends? I am, but I think many of the transplants living in my town will be in for a rude awakening. Note that the below clip is Patton Oswalt reading an actual customer complaint for being kicked out..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!