Monday, August 18, 2014

Hook, You're Next... A Crazy Weekend

On Saturday, I had to cancel a trip to watch the Pike's Peak race because someone close to me died.

These sorts of events are a natural consequence of life, sad though they may be. I was, however, unlike many people, lucky enough to have had a really kickass Friday before it.

And, to stick to the film world, I had a couple of good movie experiences before the hammer dropped:

First, I saw Robin Williams in Hook and, miracle of miracles, I actually enjoyed the film for the first time ever. I was a little too old for the movie when it first came out, but I had great company watching along with me - and it was so good to see Robin alive and young. I'd like to think both factors came together nicely.


Also, I found out that Netflix added You're Next to its streaming collection (I reviewed the subway poster last year). I will give it a brief review soon, but YN was very well-made, and it was scary as hell. Seriously, if you have any home invasion worries, do NOT see that movie.


Expect the usual features over the coming weeks. I prepped them all at least two months ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!