Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Predator: The Musical

How can I explain how happy I am? jonandal, the brilliant creator of this work, has played with Rambo and some Schwarzenegger movies, like Commando. But there's two reasons why I chose the Predator musical: for one, it fits the movie so nicely. In tone and use of the original score, it's top-notch.

For another, most Broadway-style productions rely on a really good hook - a line that might be repeated by many characters at different times, and is often used in the show.

The hook here is perfect, the Les Mis-style flow is amazing, the songs fit the characters frighteningly-well. Make sure you're in a safe place for cursing - or hysterical laughter - and check this out:


Isn't this wonderful? Whoever made this is obviously a expert in musical theater. I'm not claiming to be a fan, too, but I respect their skill and wit.

While you're at it, check out jonandall's site, or their tumblr. They have "24 Season 2: The Musical" among others; you could like it a lot, even if it's audio-only...

My next post will be up in a couple of days; I'll see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!