Friday, May 27, 2011

Vacation, not the National Lampoon kind

I'm giving less than 2 week's notice that I'll need a break soon, but then again, this isn't a job. I've had a lot of work lately, and it's crunched my time for hanging out, shooting clay pigeons over the Hudson river, or working on my other writing.

It makes no sense to not crunch my blog-writing time, too. Also, as we come into June, I find that my choice to post 12x/month should be reviewed - even just whether I should try a new pace for the rest of the year. At least you'll still get 3 more posts before the break starts.
My holiday should be soon, tho I don't have any specifics to share yet. I appreciate everyone's comments, but I don't exactly have a vocal readership; still, I figured I'd give you all, silent or not, at least a little warning.

Again, this particular post won't count toward my 12 for May, so expect one more on Monday/Tuesday. I do know how my official "break" post will read - I'm including videos or a little write-up of something so that I can count it as a proper June post. Still, I'm not sure exactly when I'll start the vacation.

If you're in the States, I hope you enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me a sad panda.

    I will say that it seems as though you're a bit hung up on a certain number of posts, and really, 8, 10, 12 per month - what's the difference? I think there are essentially three types of movie blogs - ones that post sporadically (every 2-4 days typically, sometimes with much less frequency), ones that post daily or near-daily, and ones that post multiple times per day. You are already in category 1. I say, save your energy and make it 8 or 10 or whatever posts per month rather than feeling some pressure to get to 12 and burning yourself out in the process.

    When you want to post something, you will, and it will be good, and we'll be here. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man! I think you either write often enough to check in on during the week, or you write often enough to check in on... whenever. I aim to be worth a regular look, and I love that I kept this pace up. Otherwise, I just posted when-ever...

    So I'm thinking of site changes, and I like changing things up. I have a plan for June, but this is a good time to sit back and think about where to go from here.

    Congrats on the new site, again! I gotta figure out how to comment there properly!

    ReplyDelete

Chime in!