Thursday, August 2, 2012

Reviewing with Others, Pt. 12: Abel

How can I describe the last few weeks? Fun, tiring, and... tiring; but also fun. For now, I'll just stick to my thoughts about the site: I beat my record for monthly hits (just shy of 5k), and the schedule worked very nicely and I still found time for on-the-fly posts.

So I think I'll do the same for August. I'll repeat what I tried to do in July, and I've got a nice lineup of posts coming your way. It'll be a lot of fun for all of us! (I hope)

My latest Indie Spotlight review is about Abel. It's a dramedy by Diego Luna, the star of Y Tu Mama Tambien. I liked many things about this movie, despite having some serious problems with it - it's got this childhood mental illness angle that I find chilling. However, it's still a good foreign film, and a nice slice of family life below the border.

My thoughts will be up at 9:43am EST on the Man, I Love Films site - I love the permalink feature which provides me with a URL before a post goes live. Read it when it's up, or just browse the Man, I Love Films site until it goes online. The site is always worth checking out, whether I post there or not.

In any case, tell me what you think...

2 comments:

  1. I love Diego Luna. Will check out this film eventually.

    Hey I have given you an award on my blog- http://beingnormajean.blogspot.in/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was worthwhile viewing, and I really liked seeing a movie in Spanish again for the first time in ages!

      And thanks for the award! I should get more of those...

      Delete

Chime in!