Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Reviewing with Others, Pt. 78: Candlestick

I was going to post a Recommendation for FX's show, Justified, but I won't be able to put up my thoughts today, when its sixth and final season comes to a close. Why? Because this day is the only day I can post my review for an independent drama/suspense film, Candlestick.

If you're of a mind to watch a modern-day callback to the works of Alfred Hitchcock, you should check this picture out. Christopher Presswell's second feature film is a pretty strong, if flawed, effort. You can read my thoughts about it here, at Man, I Love Films.

My thoughts on Graham Yost's adaptation of Elmore Leonard will have to wait a day or so, and I think I'll continue to alternate between movie and TV entries leading up to this site's 6th anniversary in 9 days. Whiplash, Ex Machina, Selma, Birdman, and more are coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!