Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What if Luke Skywalker used... the Internet?

A random link led me to a very entertaining video the other day. It was posted on brobible.com, a site whose name alone would normally get me to ignore it. And, in this case, I'm glad I didn't. MrSimplyApps created a fine video showcasing what Luke Skywalker could (or would) do if his technologically-advanced galaxy had... the internet.

I've had weekly Questions for nearly a full year straight, and I never thought to ask this! Chewie and Han could simply order cheap ship parts off Ebay, right? Maybe follow Lando's Twitter account? Or perhaps Luke learns the Force by pirating an old Jedi training manual?:
Chapter 5 - Advanced Lightsaber Techniques, Section 2 - Saber-throw and Force return: We cannot stress enough that you want to be sure to practice this trick in an empty room...
If brevity is the soul of wit, MrSimplyApps has a whole lot of soul - they did their thing in 1m36s. You'd think you can predict what's coming, but it's quite clever and unexpected, and the creator deserves much attention. And I'm so grateful to be able to post something like this with Net-flixation's 4th birthday coming up; the timing is perfect!


The Facebook bit kills me every f--king time! Actually, the run through the array of apps, right to the Youtube upload, is just beautiful... You can check out MrSimplyApps's Youtube channel, Twitter account, and Facebook page. The account's only put up 6 videos in the last 9 months, but I'd like to think last month's entry is a sign of more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!