Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bill Murray as The Dark Knight's Joker

Youtube user "habibistheman" lives up to his handle with this great clip, which is one of the best Fan-made Gems to ever appear on this site. Using shots from one of my 90's favorites, Quick Change, this clever bloke spliced those scenes into Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. And so, somehow, Bill Murray becomes the Joker in Nolan's tDK.

Quick Change is a film I've wanted to review, but I'm never sure whether to give it the possibly-excessive-if-I-don't-restrain-myself full review treatment, or whether to just cover it in an MRQ. It's a great comedy with that features New York City at its most NYC - where a successful bank heist is followed by the worst possible run of bad luck, preventing the robbers from being able to accomplish the simple task of grabbing their luggage and getting to the airport.

In case you can't tell, I think habibistheman's video is really well-done, so if you only bother checking out one Fan-made Gem this year, let it be this one:



4 comments:

  1. "Flores! Flores para los muertos!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick Change has a couple of flaws, but it's got far more strengths than it has problems. I really loved that movie...

      Delete
  2. Hey, my buddy ran across your site and told me you posted this old video clip I made. Glad you liked it and thanks for all the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! You deserve a lot of credit for thinking this one up. If you can, please do more!

      Delete

Chime in!