Thursday, March 21, 2013

Errata, I know I know

I was moving on my mistakes more quickly in the past, but this is one of the very few places where I can afford some imperfections. I've basically worked, slept, unpacked, and fed myself for most of the last two weeks. I'm falling asleep in bed at 10PM.

Nobody pointed it out, but I know that the last several posts had a couple of small mistakes, and (cliche warning) if I do something, I like to do it well. Two of the 12 posts visible on the main page right now need to have some paragraphs broken up. I wrote Kurt Russell's name twice in one piece, but one time lacked the second "l" (no prepping posts on my cellie again) four days ago. I'll get to it this weekend.

Over the last two weeks, I took over a new space, but I have so many things - specifically, kitchenware, clothes, and toiletries (from when I had short hair) - that it takes a while to set everything up. And I'm doing this without writing during my day job. And unpacking my assorted junk, making some new moves for my future. I was packing for three weeks before that.. I'm juggling like seventeen balls right now, and only a few of them are paying me, and I know what to prioritize.


And regardless of whether that sounds mercenary, I need time. I have to set myself up so I'm doing right by my new roommates, and I'm also doing well by myself, too. I need to recover from the exertion and 40-hour straight last day of moving. I have great disorder, and I need to reestablish my balance. I've known about several of these weaknesses for days now, but lack the time. Hell, I found a sloppy, ludicrous mistake today.

What I can tell you is that this site will be back to normal soon, and that I'm actually holding up nicely. I've been lawyering and sleeping, knowing that time will be on my side shortly. I'm not sure if I would've mentioned the move, if not that I realized halfway through what an effort it was going to take. And it's worth doing all of these changes at the same time. I'm kind of proud that I could drop reviews from my posting schedule, switch in other posts scheduled for later in the year, and find 10 style errors or typos overall in 31 straight entries.

No, wait, turns out my roomies are very cool. I probably would've mentioned that they're passionate about movies and have great taste, too. Already, one of them showed me a very cool video which I will write about when I can do my final pass on these posts, and scan what I've scheduled for the next two or three weeks. Ugh, I'm still finishing an entry on why I hold studio and indie to different standards; it's a point I've meant to address for a while...

The Fan-made Gems will be back to one-a-week very soon, and there will be more indie screeners to review, shortly, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!