Saturday, March 9, 2013

Question for the Week of Mar 4-10: Best Pre-Movie Ad

What kinds of pre-movie clips can a theater show without annoying the audience?
I already wrote an article about trailers, and how they're important to the experience of watching movies and whatnot. At the time, I did point out that there are different kinds of trailers - some are painful to sit through, while others are so awful that they became entertaining.


The kind of clip - not commercial for a movie, mind you - that won't get on my nerves is something clever. Brooklyn's Nite Hawk Cinema showed a fantastic series of animated shorts before the show starts; the zombie-killing nanny is just magnificent, and I'd pay to watch it again.


And the ad below is another fine example. In fact, I think it pretty much sums up the sort of delay that doesn't feel like a delay at all. I'm glad I was able to find this on Youtube:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!