Monday, April 21, 2014

Honest Trailers: The Dark Knight Rises

ScreenJunkies' film evisceration of tDKR has been out since December '12, but I never got around to putting it up here. Which was silly of me, because I already posted the CinemaSins and How It Should've Ended entries for both, in addition to my own review, a mini-review as part of a writing group, and even a double-dip post on Nolan's final Batman film.

It's also a shame as this edition of Honest Trailers is a nice take-down of the various problems with Bale & co's last hurrah. I found it quite funny, even though my review didn't worry about many things that they point out.




Super-bonus points for using footage from Red Letter Media's take on the logical failings with this ambitious-and-satisfying-yet-flawed motion picture. As much as I didn't think they derail the experience,  the RLM guys' criticism really did cut to the heart of some silly missteps by the filmmakers.

I don't know whether anyone thinks it's relevant anymore - the film is getting close to two years old - but I love sharing a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!