Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last night I saw Whedon's Cabin!

Just a quick update to let you all know that I took the L into Williamsburg, where my friend Scott G and I caught a 10:05 showing of The Cabin in the Woods. All I can say is that I had a great time watching the insane film team-up of Drew Goddard (Buffy, Angel, Lost, Alias) and Joss Whedon. (those first 2). I laughed very hard and very, very often.

I also really enjoyed my first visit to the Nitehawk Cinema, and not just because of good company or a good film. Not only did Nitehawk have a nice lounge and (wow) alcohol concession stands, they actually have drink and food service - a real menu, mind you - at your seat! It was... very impressive.

But I could live without the booze or the food. What I loved about the venue: the excellent shorts that play before the picture. They were very surprising and great at breaking up any pre-film conversation. One was a claymation zombie clip where a maid does her best to kill the monsters and save a baby! It was demented fun, like Peter Jackson's Bad Taste.

Simply, I had a great time, Scott was great company, and I seriously look forward to going there more often! Cabin, by its own nature, will require a Double Dip, but I'm already working up a review. I'll post it this weekend, or next Monday/Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!