Monday, May 7, 2012

Question for the Week of May 7 - 13: My 2012 Hopes

What movies am I looking forward to this year?
Thank god, I got a softball for once:

The Cabin in the Woods, as I'm dying for a good horror flick right now, and this team means it will be great. I almost want to play a mean prank on Lionsgate for not releasing this #$^#ing picture 2 years ago; really. Feb 2010 became April 2012 since they pushed for a 3D conversion, then ran out of money 4-5 months after it should've come out.

Going with my brother to see The Avengers.

How Nolan will make me hate him for ending his Batman series with The Dark Knight Rises.

Cosmopolis, because so long as my legs aren't broke, I must see everything that David Cronenberg puts onto screens.

Brave - Pixar is... their works are almost all instant classics. Also, how do the kids say it? "Female protagonist ftw"

Safety Not Guaranteed. It sounds like it may be exactly my type of comedy/drama.

Moonlight Kingdom. I was an early mega-fan of Wes Anderson but I ran away before Life Aquatic even came out.. I've never even seen The Royal Tenenbaums.

Looper, because I love Rian Johnson, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. They even involved Shane Caruth, the Primer creator. This will be an orgy of indie genius... with Bruce Willis.

The Hobbit, for which reasons to watch need not be given.

The World's End. I love Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost terribly by themselves, and even more when they're together. I hope it comes out this year! Bless Nikhat for telling me about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!