Sunday, October 21, 2012

Reviewing with Others, Pt. 24: Dick Night

I just watched Dick Night, an indie comedy/horror about a woman who wants sex so she can get over her fiance, the men that pursue her, and her quest for a new roommate; also vampires. It had its flaws, but was well-made and great fun, regardless. And the timing for Halloween is perfect, as I needed to review a scary pic in time for the holiday formerly known as Samhain.

Dick (snicker) also has a title straight out of an adult film, and I have to say, also boasts the best title & poster combination I've ever seen. I usually don't post the cover picture for the films I review for other sites, but I couldn't help myself this time.

Just look to your right: smart, funny, and cheap. Lovely.

I enjoyed DN. It wasn't as much of a horror film as I expected, but I liked it and also got a chance to refer to the Bechdel Test (again). Read my review at Man, I Love Films if you want to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!