Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CinemaSins takes on Inception

Yes, the same folks who took some good pot-shots at Looper also did a pretty good breakdown of the oddities and errors in Christopher Nolan's Inception. As much as I enjoyed Inception, I'm still somewhat amazed by how often it's been featured on this site. Seriously, it could have its own tag by now.

Sometimes, the "Everything Wrong With" videos point out many things that are not flaws or mistakes - DJ noted that when he watched the Looper vid, and he's right. In this picture, though, there are so many elements that don't quite work or make sense - as such, this video serves as a pretty neat bit of critique. The discussion of totems at the end is especially apt.

In fact, it's a great argument for why I decided to simply switch off a certain part of my brain in order to just watch and enjoy Inception. The film made up for its mistakes with boldness and originality; maybe I was just so thrilled to not be watching another sequel...

Of course, this video is also quite funny. I hope you get a kick out of it, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in!